PMAP: 50th Annual Conference
With the theme “Global Opportunities. Leaping. Forward. Defying Limits,” this year’s conference will update people managers and HR practitioners on the latest trends and practices in human resource management and employee relations. With fifty years of thought leadership, advocacy and camaraderie, the PMAP conference will reach another milestone as it moves towards its quest for gold.
The conference will also recognize the challenge that the Philippines is at the center of Global Opportunities. But more than recognizing that reality, people should see it as a mandate. There’s no other way but to seize these possibilities. Filipinos are now at the brink of living their dreams and imaginings. There are no excuses. This time, we have to make it work!
The horizon has opened up and all eyes are on the Philippines as the world’s new economic tiger. The opportunities are within reach and the challenge is to leap forward. We can no longer afford to move at our current pace. Catch-up, leapfrog… that is what we should do. But to realize this, we need to defy limits, break free from our self-imposed restrictions that used to define who we are and what we can do.
The global economic landscape is seeing a new dawn, with Asia as its center and the Philippines, its sweet spot. The turnaround could not have come at a more opportune time. A young Filipino workforce is raring to go and governance is breaking through a renaissance of accountability and transparency. The message is unequivocal: We are open for business! It’s all systems go.
PMAP has gathered some of the best minds here and abroad to share their knowledge and expertise in this historic event. Senator Juan Edgardo Angara will be the opening keynote speaker who will talk about the Philippines as an untapped gold mine while the closing keynote speech will be delivered by no less than Senate President Franklin Drilon.
The lineup of speakers and resource persons is staggering. Plenary presenters include
- Monica Wofford, CSP, the CEO of Contagious Companies, Inc.
- Ravin Jesuthasan, Global Practice Leader, Talent Management and Managing Director of Towers Watson
- Prabhakar Bisen, Global Insurance BPO Head and Country Head in the Philippines of Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Mario Silos, Chairman and President, Asalus Corporation/Intellicare
- Education Secretary Bro. Armin Luistro, FSC (invited)
- Bill Luz (invited), Chairman, Private Sector, National Competitiveness Council
- SEIPI President Dan Lachica
- Atty. Hector Hernandez of the University of Asia and the Pacific
- Ramon Segismundo, SVP-Meralco
- Brian Quebengco, Professor, Enderun Colleges
- Atty. Josephus Jimenez, FPM, former DOLE Undersecretary
- with Attys. Eliseo Zuniga, Jr.
- Randall Tabayoyong
- Noel Balsicas
- Carlos Celdran, Filipino tour guide, cultural activist, and performing artist, and a host of other luminaries.
The program is beefed up by PMAP Past President Bong Austero, Luigi Mapa, Gerry Plana, PMAP Director Bong Tamayao, Nic Lim, SVP-JG Summit Holdings, Ging Igual, Angie Atanacio, PMAP Director Penny Bongato, Teny Menorca, PMAP PMY Awardee, Ma. Regina Alampay, Gigi Geronimo, Roby Alampay, Gerry Cariaso, Ma. Cecilia Ampeloquio, Dinah Loomis, Lirio Mapa, Duncan Howorth, Mary Grace Colet, Astik Ranade (Asia Pacific Head and Principal, Mercer), Grace Decena, Federico Marquez, DPM, Edgardo Carasig, Atty. Sonny Matula, DOLE USec Rebecca Chato (invited), Gerardo Ungson (San Francisco State University), Nestor Rañeses of UPISSI, Maria Teresa Galura, Jun Cabochan, CSC Chairman Francisco Duque, PMAP IPP Turok Florentin, Laurent Lamasuta, PMAP PP Grace Zata, and a few others who still have to confirm their participation.
As we usher in this golden year of the PMAP Annual Conference, we take stock of the rich mine of ideas in our sharing and learning community. Fifty years of thought leadership, advocacy and camaraderie. A story that in this milestone year turns into our quest for GOLD.
To register, please call PMAP at tel. no. 726-1532 or email email@example.com. You may also visit www.pmap.org.ph for more details.