Freshen Your Breath with Swish® Alcohol-Free Mouthwash
Comedian Vice Ganda often jokes about his dragon breath in Showtime, a noontime show at ABS-CBN TV network. But that’s just it- a joke. In real life, no one would like to be labelled as the one with the garlic breath, halitosis or malodor, known as bad breath in simple terms.
What Causes Bad Breath?
Studies show that about 80% of bad breath comes from an oral source. For instance, cavities or gum disease can lead to bad breath, as can tonsils that have trapped food particles; cracked fillings, and less-than-clean dentures.
Several internal medical conditions can also cause you bad breath. It includes the following:
- liver disease
- respiratory tract infections
- chronic bronchitis.
- You may want to see your doctor to rule out things like acid reflux, postnasal drip, and other causes of chronic dry mouth (xerostomia).
- Visit your dentist at least every six months.
- Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products.
- Cut back on alcohol.
- Chew sugarless gum.
- Avoid sugary breath mint
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and regular meals.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Avoid breath busters such as garlic, onions, and some other spicy foods. Chronic garlic users cannot only have chronic bad breath, they also often have body odor.
- Don’t drink too much coffee.
- Make it a habit to brush your teeth after every meal.
- Floss your teeth.
- Gargle with Mouthwash.
One of the mouthwash brands that I tried is Swish® Mouthwash. The manufacturer of the product is Unilab and it claims that it is ready to use- no need to add water plus Swish® is alcohol-free. It is safe to use, more enjoyable to gargle and most importantly it does not leave you with a dry mouth.
Swish® has Surefresh™ Technology, kills bad breath-causing bacteria, helps prevent the plaque build up and Gingivitis. Swish® is great for the whole family since it’s alcohol-free so it can be used by children as young as six (6) years old and above, the elderly, diabetics, pregnant women, anyone taking certain prescription medication and even by Cancer patients.
Dental hygiene is essential to young and old alike. It is not enough that you take care of your pearly whites but neglect to clean your tongue and live with a dragon breath.
Today, I tried “Swishing” my mouth with cinnamon and mangosteen flavors. Guess what? I like both the cinnamon and mangosteen flavor!
Swish® Alcohol-Free Mouthwash has a fresh minty aftertaste which I love. Being on the more affordable side, this could easily fit on my budget. Alcohol-free could be a plus for people who have a rather low-tolerance to pain.
Verdict: You ought to try it too. Who knows, you might like it for yourself just like me!