Option #1 By BusThe following bus companies provide transport between Manila and Batangas, with Tagaytay CIty as a major stop. Please take note that these buses travel a slow route – Aguinaldo Highway, which traverses Bacoor, Imus, Dasmarinas, and Silang in Cavite.
- Batman Star Express
- Golden Dragon (terminal – behind Sogo Hotel and McDonalds near MRT Taft Avenue)
- San Agustin
- Kirby, Mindanao Express
- Lorna Buses (starting point Lawton, passing Taft Avenue, turning right at Quirino, and left to Roxas in Manila, proceeding to Coastal Road and Emilio Aguinaldo Highway.)
Kindly ask the bus conductor to let you off in Tagaytay Rotonda.
Travel time is approximately 3 hours. So that’s a pretty long ride if you avail of public transportation.
By private vehicle from Metro Manila:
Buendia Flyover (Gil Puyat Flyover)
Skyway: Gil Puyat Ramp
Arnaiz Avenue / Pasay Road Intersection
Skyway: Don Bosco Magallanes
Skyway Entrance: Magallanes
Nichols Toll Barrier
Skyway: Dr. A. Santos (Sucat)
Skyway: Alabang South Station
Note: If you choose to take the Skyway after the toll plaza, get off the ramp leading to the rest of SLEX below. Otherwise you will end up in Alabang-Zapote.
- Leave SLEX at the Greenfield City/ Eton City Exit (Malitlit Exit).
- Drive along the Greenfield Parkway, passing Eton City on the right and Pramana on the left.
- Three kilometres from SLEX you will arrive at a fork in the road.
- Take the left road which is United Blvd.
- Drive straight ahead for the next four kilometers.
- At the intersection just past the Southern Luzon Hospital, drive straight ahead.
- Turn right at San Bruno Drive passing Paseo de Sta Rosa.
- Drive straight ahead until you reach the Tagaytay-Sta.Rosa Road where you turn left across from Rose and Grace Restaurant.
- Drive along the Tagaytay-Sta. Rosa Road for the next seven kilometers passing Sta. Elena Subdivision, Brittany, Nuvali, and Crown Asia.
- Continue until the two-lane road passing through Silang, Cavite. Landmarks are Pasong Langka, Ponderosa, and Windsor Heights.
- Follow this road until you arrive at the Tagaytay Public Market just several meters from the Tagaytay-Calamba Road.
- Turn left here — you will be heading in the direction of the Picnic Grove. (Meanwhile, enjoy breathtaking views of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano on your right).
- Turn left again on Kaykulot, a single lane road just past the entrance to the Picnic Grove. The Tagaytay Retreat and Training Center is 800 meters from this point
Travel time: About 1 1/2 hours from Manila
Toll fee: I still have to recheck before posting it here.