Attention: To all mamanata, tourist and motorist be wise, plan your alternate route now.
This advisory pertains to the Traslacion 2013 Procession of the Black
Nazarene to be held on January 9, 2013 at Quiapo Church and the
highlight of the celebration is the Grand Procession that will start at
Quirino Grandstand (Luneta) at about 7:00 AM onwards. As we all know, this procession is always a blockbuster and hold the record for the longest procession ever in the history of the annual religious festival. Last year, 2012, it took 22 hours, a “wheel-less” carriage, a broken rope, and a frenzied
mob to bring the Black Nazarene from the Quirino Grandstand early
Monday to the Quiapo Church at around 6 a.m. the following day.
If you are one of the people I listed below, please don’t go for your own good. In a sea of people, even if you want to protect whoever is beside you, it will be impossible to do that. Plus there’s a possibility that cellphone signals will be shut off again. Yes, you read it right, No cellphone signals along Nazarene procession route.
- pregnant women
- has an ongoing medical treatment
- Parents are advised not to bring children.
- If you’re joining or just watching the procession, don’t show up drunk.
- From Quirino Grandstand (Luneta)
- right Katigbak Drive thru P.
- left Taft Ave.(P.Burgos) thru McArthur Bridge
- right Palanca,thru
under Quezon Bridge
- left Quezon Blvd.
- right Fraternal
- right Vergara
Duque de Alba
- left Castillejos
- left farnecio
- right Arlegui
- left Aguila
- right Carcer
- right Hidalgo thru Plaza Del
- left Bilibid Viejo thru Puyat
- left Guzman
- right Hidalgo
- right Globo de Oro thru under Quezon Bridge
- right Palanca
Villalobos thru Plaza Miranda to Quiapo Church.
AFFECTED AREAS DURING PROCESSION AND EXPECT HEAVY TRAFFIC:
1. Stretch of Roxas Blvd./Bonifacio Drive from Anda Circle to TM Kalaw north and southbound lane.
2. Southbound of Quezon Blvd. from Recto to Palanca (subway-isetan Recto)
3. Stretch of Lerma from P.Campa to Quezon Blvd.
4. Taft Ave./Finance (westbound lane).
5. Lagusnilad/P.Burgos (westbound lane).
6. P.Burgos/Taft Ave (Freedom Triangle-northbound lane).
7. Villegas/N.A Lopez.
8. 25th Street/Bonifacio Drive (southbound lane).
1. JANUARY 8, 2013 – 8:00 AM, katigbak Drive and South Drive will be closed to traffic.
2. at 4:00 AM, January 9, 2013, southbound lane of Quezon Blvd.
(Quiapo), from Andalucia/Fugoso to Plaza Miranda and
España/P.Campa/Lerma shall be closed to traffic for Public Utility
vehicles (PUV) only.
3. At 5:00 AM total closure for all types of vehicles shall be implemented.
North Area starting at 5:00 AM
1. P Campa/España
2. Nicanor Reyes/España
3. Recto/Issetan (Service Road)
South Area starting at 6:00 AM
1. Ma. Orosa/P.Burgos
4. A. Villegas/Taft Ave. (LRT)
5. 25th Street/Bonifacio Drive
6. N.A. Lopez/A. Villegas
7. Anda Circle/Bonifacio Drive
8. Gen. Luna/P.Burgos
9. Roxas Blvd. TM Kalaw
10. katigbak/Roxas Blvd.
RE-ROUTING OF VEHICLES
1. All vehicles coming from Quezon City using the stretch of España
shall turn right P.Campa,left Andalucia,right Fugoso,left T.Mapua to
point of destination.
2. All PUJs/light vehicles coming from España intending to proceed to
South Pier Zone turn left Nicanor Reyes,right Recto straight to JAS,left
Reina Regente take Jones Bridge,right Magallanes Drive to point of
3. All vehicles coming from northern part of Manila intending to utilize
the stretch of Bonifacio Drive southbound shall turn right Roberto S.
Oca St.,left Delgado,left 25th St.,left Bonifacio Drive (for Port Area
offices) or shall take right to A. Soriano to magallanes Drive,right
P.Burgos,go straight to Lagusnilad to Taft Ave.
4. All vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize
the stretch of P.Burgos shall take TM Kalaw,left Taft Ave.,right A
Villegas,right Quezon Bridge to point of destination (NOTE: northbound
of Quezon Blvd. is open to traffic).
5. All vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize
the northbound or Roxas Blvd. from P.Ocampo to P.Burgos shall turn
right TM Kalaw left Taft Ave. to point of destination.
6. All PUJs plying Monumento-Gasak-Recto intending to utilize Andalucia thru Recto shall turn right Oroqueta to point of origin.
7. All vehicles coming fromLegarda shall turn right Recto or left Mendiola to point of destination.
8. All vehicles using Taft Ave. northbound shall turn right A. Villegas (Arroceros) right Quezon Bridge to point of destination.
9. All heavy vehicles/Cargo Trucks coming from the south shall take
Pres. Osmeña, Pres. Quirino to Nagtahan via AH Lacson to Capulong (vise
10. All motorist intending to proceed to North of Manila or South of
Manila shall advise to utilize the stretch of AH Lacson to Nagtahan
(vise versa) or to utilize stretch of Road-10 to Roxas Blvd. (vise
versa) to point of destination.
11. All buses coming from eastern part of Manila particularly
G-Liner/RRCG utilizing Legarda shall turn right Palanca to Quiapo Ilalim
to point of destination.
12. All buses coming from Taft. going to Fairview shall right UN Ave. up
to Otis left Nagtahan go straight AH Lacson,right España to point of
13. All buses coming southern part of Manila Laguna & Cavite
utilizing taft Ave. are not allowed to enter from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM and
allowed only up to Remedios St. right San Marcelino back to point of
Special thanks to sir Collin Sarthou Yap for the pictures.