The 2012 Citi-Rustan’s French Film Festival goes to Cebu from June 21 to 23, 2012 at the Ayala Center in Cebu in cooperation with the Alliance Française de Cebu.
The movies are open to the public for Free!
Through the cooperation of the Institut Français and Philippine film distributor Pioneer films, French films such as:
- “Le Mariage a Trois” (The Three-way Wedding) by Jacques Doillon
- “Au Fond des Bois” (Deep Woods) by Benoit Jacquoyt
- “Le Refuge” (Hideaway) by Francois Ozon
- “Roses a Credit” (Roses on Credit) by Amos Gitai
- “Tout-ce qui Brille” (All that Glitters) by Geraldine Nakache
- and Herve Mimran, “L’Art d’Aimer” (The Art of Love) by Emmanuel Mouret
- “L’Ordre et La Morale” (Rebellion) by Mathieu Kassovits
- and “L’Arnacoeur” (Heartbreaker) will be shown in this year’s festival.
They say that perhaps the most outstanding film in the world this year is Michel Hazanavicius’ ‘The Artist,’ which pays tribute to the beginnings of cinema as both an art of telling stories through moving pictures and an industry producing economic products affected by market trends and management strategies.
“The Artist” has received “hundreds of awards” in international festivals, recently winning five Oscars, including Best Motion Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor for Jean Dujardin.