What to bring to the 17th Hot Air Balloon Festival:
Money for food and souvenirs
Hand sanitizer (for after using the portable toilets)
Please come early – the balloons lift off at 5:30 a.m.
- Consider going to Clark the night before and sleeping over in a hotel. It’s worth it to see the flag jump and balloon launch!
- Avoid heatstroke! Water and sports drinks are available for reasonable prices from the many concessionaires of the 2012 Hot Air Balloon Festival. Remember, if you feel thirsty, it means you’re already mildly dehydrated.
- Don’t touch the airplanes! If you break it, you buy it.Stay away from propellers, rotors, and jet engines. Stay out of restricted areas – the US Air Force and AFP are on patrol, and Clark is our most important air base. Obey the rules and report any suspicious activity to the friendly security staff.
Stuff you can do:
- Watch the all-day aircraft shows
- Buy and fly a kite
- Eat big at the food stalls
- Grab all sorts of cool souvenirs
- Look around the various displays
- Meet and hang out with real live pilots and ground crew
Most importantly: have fun! 🙂