Visitors for the Hot Air Balloon Festival from Manila can
- Take the commuter bus from Avenida/Pasay/Cubao to get to Dau bus terminal in Angeles City, Pampanga. You could also ride the buses bound for Baguio 24 hrs a day.
- From Dau, jeepneys will take them to the main gate of Clark where they can alight and
- Board a jeepney that will take them from the main gate to the Clark Hot Air Balloon Festival site.
Normally, this three-ride connection should bring visitors into Clark from the bus terminal in Pasay, Cubao or Manila in a little over two hours. Information on costs and schedules can be found on the list below.
PROS Public bus fare is cheap.
CONS In previous events, visitors experienced problems catching the connecting rides after the bus arrived in Angeles city, especially during Saturday and Sunday of the Hot Air Balloon Festival weekend. These problems are no comparison to the difficulties in getting a jeepney ride leaving the Clark Hot Air Balloon Fiesta site to get back to the bus terminal in Angeles City for the ride back to Manila. Many visitors were stranded for literally hours waiting to get out of Clark.
Unsolicited advice for the 2012 Clark Hot Air Balloon Festival visitors, especially families with children planning to travel by bus to Angeles City, Pampanga please plan your trips carefully.
Main bus terminals are at Pasay and Cubao where you will find
- Victory Liner From Caloocan P126 From Cubao 131 From Pasay 141 Aircon 24 hours
- BLTB now called DLTB
- Five Star buses
- Partas, Cubao (halfway up E.D.S.A. heading north)-
- Dominion- Aircon bus P 116
- Partas, Monumento (north, near expressway) for Victory Liner, and
- Philippine Rabbit Avenida Terminal. 24 hours from 12 midnight. They have hourly departures from their Avenida Terminal just by Doroteo Jose LRT Station- P 130 aircon
- Philtranco- we use their service whenever we go to Diosdado Macapagal International Airport e-mail: email@example.com, www.philtranco.com.ph (63) 2 851.8078 to 79 Pick-up Point: Pasay, Megamall A
Jeepneys from Dau cost P10 per person to Fields Avenue