Want to know the lucky colors, elements and charms this year?
Here is a directory of feng shui particulars for the Year of the Water Dragon, which starts on January 23, 2012.
The list is made by Hong Kong-based feng shui master Joseph Chau Kam Shing.
Chau and other feng shui experts said that one must not rely solely on this ancient Chinese system.
Please remember getting ahead in life still requires a lot of hard work and effort.
Below is Chau’s list:
- Year 2012 zodiac sign: water dragon
- Commencement of the year: January 23, 2012 at 12:01 a.m.
- Formal duration of the year: February 4, 2012 at 6:22 p.m. to February 3, 2013
- Elements of the year: water (heaven stem element and supporting element), earth (earth branch element)
- Zodiac signs offending the Tai Suey (Grand Duke or Grand Deity), or the unlucky ones: dragon, dog, ox, goat and rabbit.
- Zodiac signs that must avoid burials: yin fire ox, yin earth goat, metal ox, earth dragon, golden dog and fire dog
- Lucky colors: gold, silver, white, sky blue, green, red, pink, violet, peach, orange, beige, yellow and brown
- Lucky charms for wealth: treasure bowl, vivacious prince of wealth, flying golden Pei Yau
- Lucky charm for career: jade dragonhead fish
- Lucky charms for safety: jade master protection pendant, safety medallion
- Health protection charm: health medallion
- Lucky charms for romance and relationships: romance bucket, brass happy couple, Mandarin duck
- Charm for overall luck: benefactor jade