First Set an Appointment at:
you can call the DFA Hotline at (02) 737-1000
This is a FREE service provided for the convenience of Filipinos. There is no charge for making an appointment with the DFA Main office (at Bradco corner Diosdado Macapagal Blvd. Aseana Business Park, Pasay City) or its sattelite offices.
For your convenience, you can file your application for Philippine Passport or its renewal at the following DFA offices in malls:
DFA in SM Manila (at the back of Manila City Hall)
Requirements for those who are applying for renewal of expired or expiring passports.
Applicants renewing a brown passport (issued before 1996) with foreign sounding family names are required to submit the following documents:
- Birth Certificate issued by NSO (by birth).
- Certificate of No Marriage Record of Mother issued by NSO/LCR (if illegitimate status, foreign father);
- Marriage Certificate.of parents issued by NSO (if legitimate status);
- Bureau of Immigration Identification Cerficate No. (by naturalization; by election; by marriage; by recognition).
Applicants who availed of Dual Citizenship under RA 9225 are required ot submit the following:
- 1. Birth Certificate issued by NSO / Old Philippine Passport
- 2. Identification Certificate No.
- 3. Oath of Allegiance
- 4. Report of Birth (for those born abroad)
Brown Passport or issued prior to 01 May 1995
- Old passport and photocopy of passport pages 1,2,3 (amendment). The pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps.
- Supporting document with complete middle name.
MRP & Green Passport or issued after 01 May 1995
- Present passport and photocopy of inside and back cover.
- The pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps.
- For illegitimate minor, personal appearance of mother is required.
For married women, who want to use surname of their spouse:
- Personal Appearance is required
- Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO or CTC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.
For Minors (below 18 years old): Personal appearance of either parent is required.
- If minor is NOT traveling with either parent:
- Original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance
- Affidavit of Support and Consent
- If both parents are abroad:
- Affidavit of support and consent (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General if not executed before a Philippine Consul).
- Special Power of Attorney (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate if not executed before a Philippine Consul designating the representative by name and authorizing him to apply for a passport on behalf of the minor).
- Passport and photocopy of the passport of person travelling with the minor.
The Department of Foreign Affairs accepts and processes passport applications and authentication services at the new Office of Consular Affairs building at Bradco corner Macapagal Avenues, Aseana Business Park near the Mall of Asia.
The DFA new office is a 7,000-square meter, four-storey building located a few blocks from the old DFA building.
The DFA accepts online requests for appointment for passport applicants.
Here are the official passport fees:
P500.00 for the 44-page Machine-Readable Passport (MRP)
P950.00 for the 44-page Electronic Passport Passport (ePass)
P250.00 additional payment for expedited processing of either the MRP or the ePass
P700.00 for replacement of lost valid passport (MRP)