I gasped in awe when I first saw this scene while walking in Sudi, a 3 kilometer stretch that has the best view of the Famous West Lake.
Ten (10) of the most beautiful sites include:
- Spring Dawn at Sudi Causeway
- Melting Snow at Broken Bridge
- Sunset Glow over Leifeng Hill
- Lotus in the Breeze at Crooked Courtyard
- Autumn Moon on Calm Lake (a lakeside park at the west end of the Bai Causeway)
- Listening to Orioles Singing in the Willows
- Viewing Fish and Lotus Ponds at Flower Harbor
- Evening Bell at Nanping Hill
- Three Pools Mirroring the Moon
- Twin Peaks Piercing the Clouds
Who would have thought that in ancient times, this place had been a shallow sea gulf before it evolved into a residual lake. The Baidi and Sudi causeways provide access to many parts of the lake. Most of the best known tourist sites lie around and within the lake. With a circumference of 15 kilometers , the lake area itself is easy for the visitor to negotiate.