- You can go on an organized tour leaving from Puerto Princesa.
- Or just do it by yourself.
Just be reminded that the HONDA BAY ST. LOURDES WHARF has a cut off time for island hopping set at 2 o’ clock in the afternoon.
Add the cost of transport to and from Puerto Princesa ( ask for the rate from your friendly trike driver). Prices can range from PHP 100-400 depending if you’ll ask them to wait for you to finish your island hopping tour.
Sta. Lourdes Wharf is 25 minutes away by hired tricycle or jeepney from downtown PPP. Pumpboat ride from the wharf to the different islands is from 15 to 50 minutes.
The bay consists of several islets with shallow reefs bordering fabulous beaches which have become the favorite swimming, snorkeling, and diving destinations of local residents and tourists.
These islets are the following:
- Cannon (Cowrie) Island
- Bat Island
- Lu-li Island (derived from the word “lulubog-lilitaw”, meaning floating and sinking island, is visible only during low tide)
- Meara Marina
- Starfish Island (known for its fine white sand and clear water that teems with starfish)
- Snake Island (an island with a long stretch of time white sand shaped like a snake)
- Pandan Island
- Señorita Island (the breeding site of Lapu-Lapu fish).
Note: Lodging facilities are available for overnight stays in the islands of Meara Marina and Starfish (Sandbar Resort).
The boat rentals at HONDA BAY is very well organized and will not give any problems but trying to find something to eat can be a bigger issue so bring your own baon for lunch and snacks before leaving Puerto Princesa Palawan, if you go on your own.
Since hati kaming dalawa (2) ng friend ko na si Joeriz sa boat P 1,300 divided by 2 = P 650.00 ( sosyal kami nilibre namin tita niya at mga pinsan ha ha ha sila naman nagbaon ng lunch namin pati ng drinks at dala rin namin ang jeep nila kaya may parking fee kaming binayaran na P30.00/ whole day parking na divided by 2 = P15)
TOTAL DO IT YOURSELF HONDA BAY TOUR P 665.00 PER PERSON
Note : Cheaper if madami kayo maghahati!